Cruising: What Documents You Need to Travel

U.S. citizens must bring one of the following compliant documents in order to sail on a Carnival cruise that departs and ends from the same U.S. port:

*Valid U.S. Passport
*Passport Card
*Original or legible copy of a Birth Certificate (issued by the Department of Vital Statistics)
*Certificate of Naturalization
*Enhanced Driver’s License
*Trusted Traveler Program Membership Card (i.e. Nexus Card, Sentri Card or Fast Card)
*A Consular Report of Birth Abroad

A government-issued photo ID is also required for all guests, including children 16 and over. For more information, a complete list of WHTI-compliant documents or to obtain a passport application, visit

Copies of the following will NOT be allowed:
     *US Passports
     *Naturalization Papers

Originals, or copies will NOT be allowed:
     *Baptismal Certificates
     *Hospital issued “Certificate of Birth”

As always, we recommend that all guests travel with a passport (valid for at least six months beyond completion of travel). Although a passport is not required for U.S. citizens taking cruises that begin and end in the same U.S. port, traveling with a passport facilitates your disembarkation experience. It also makes it easier for you to fly from the U.S. to a foreign port should you miss your scheduled embarkation or need to fly back to the U.S. for an emergency.


%d bloggers like this: